Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

no, angelina, don't.

let's just, for the sake of indulging my ridiculous argument, look at this another way:


let's say there's value in suffering. let's say that it is, if not only, then mostly  through suffering that we grow and learn AND (gasp!) become more like what God wants us to be. 

let's say that managing suffering, once it comes along (as surely it will), is right-minded and avoiding suffering, which is to say, avoiding living, is wrong-minded.

let's say that observing others facing the pain - not dodging it - is the best example of all -  to children and the rest of us -  of how to take on this formidable thing called "life" - and to come out stronger for it.

let's just say that someone told me 4 years ago that my husband was going to leave me - poof! - out of the blue and in so doing, burn my life to the ground. and let's say the someone who told me this gave me a choice: bail on him - now -  (in an effort to avoid the pain) - or wait - and take your licks (even though you surely don't deserve them).

let's not just say that in taking door #2 maybe i would have become more like what God wants me to be.


let's say, i did.