Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

who ya gonna call? BUBBLE BUSTERS!

i woke up this morning and discovered that the floor register in the master bath had been removed from its hole and placed about 12" from the hole.

what the????

as i was standing there trying to figure out what happened(and i confidently ruled out my dog pretty quickly - for a number of good reasons), my cell phone automatically started dialing the woman who cuts my hair! 

WHAT THE????

i disconnected the call and no sooner did i do that than my phone automatically started dialing my boss!

WHAT THE????

and then, no lie, my phone started dialing a third person (i d/c'd that before i even saw who the potential callee was)!

WHAT THE????



when i got to work, i gave my co-workers the bad news: my house is haunted. suddenly, inexpicably, overnight haunted. it's pretty rude to haunt someone's house without giving her fair warning!

as i told the story of what happened, one of my colleagues, devorah, said, "i don't think your house is haunted. i think you did it, nancy. i think you were sleepwalking and you pulled the register out of the floor." 

WHAT THE HOLY SHUT THE FRONT DOOR??????????!!!!!!!!



as we talked, though, it began to make a lot of sense. a lot more sense than any other scenario we could come up with and so devorah, a former champion sleepwalker herself, told me what to do..............get bubble wrap.

what the????

yes, she said, bubble wrap. put it on the floor next to your bed. one of three things will happen......either you'll sleepwalk and hopefully hear the pop of the bubbles as you get out of bed or you'll sleepwalk and you won't hear the bubbles pop but when you get up the next morning, you'll see the bubbles that have been flattened. or.......you won't sleepwalk and you can just pop the bubbles to your heart's content with your fingers - not your feet!(course, i gotta do this several nights for several weeks - maybe months - before i know "for sure" and therefore, i may have to wait a good, long while before i can indulge in the deliciousness of said popping with said fingers and not said feet.....how rude to make someone wait even just one moment to pop the bubbles on bubble wrap!).

the consensus seemed to be that i would likely discover that devorah is right - that i have indeed taken up the potentially dangerous habit of sleepwalking. which scares me - especially since i live alone.

however, what's even scarier is......what if i don't sleepwalk? who the flip took my register out of the floor if it wasn't me????

WHAT THE????

as for my phone, the consensus is......you guessed it.......


WHAT THE????