Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

the lump in my throat

i have been borderline crying

all month.

so far, this is what i have done:

(and pretty much in this order):



i have gotten married.

i have resigned my current job

and have started looking

for another.

i have arranged to get rid of my stuff.

i have begun to tell people good-bye.

i have noticed the

snow.

i have noticed the cold and the ice and the

snow.



i have walked through my home, trailing my

fingers

along the

walls.



i have attended a "black"

church.



i have woken up with a stranger in my

throat.



i have said to anyone who will listen,

look.

none of these changes

changes my mind. none of these emotions

trumps 

love.



because saying good-bye to a good life matters,

only if you are not saying hello



to the

best one.