Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

balancing tires

ok, so the car that i inherited from my parents was never driven above the speed limit because it was the car that my mom drove and my mom is NOT the little old lady from pasadena. she's the little old lady from URBANA which, you tell me if that has quite the same ring to it.

so anyway, she had never driven it fast enough to realize that if you do drive it fast enough - and by fast enough, i mean, too fast - that if you do drive it that fast, the steering wheel vibrates. not to mention your teeth.

so my dad, who, sidebar here, how he has managed to live with a woman who never drives above the speed limit is freaking. beyond. me..........but my dad, who has somehow managed to live with a woman who never drives above the speed limit told me that the tires probably need balanced.

in my dear father's typical style, he apologized profusely for having handed over to me a car whose tires were out of balance. i, in my typical style said, yeah, dad, sup with that??????  JUST KIDDING! i didn't say that.......i said, oh, dad, jeeze, don't be silly........ i am just grateful as all get out that you rescued me in a pinch!

(but what i was thinking to myself was, yeah, dad, sup with that?????) 

JUST KIDDING!

so, anyway, because my dad who, sidebar here, knows practically everything......because he told me that my tires probably needed to be balanced,
i took the car in today to have the tires balanced. (with me so far?)

before i took the car in, though, i asked my dad what i should say to all the questions that i KNOW the mechanic is gonna ask me.

"what kinda questions?" my dad said.

"you know what kinda questions!" i exclaimed. "the kinda questions that i won't know the answer to!"

"what kinda questions that you won't know the answers to?"

"you know, " i said, "questions like, is your car an I.P 8-4-4 or is it an L.C. 9-2?"


"he's not gonna ask you a stupid question like that!" my dad hollered.

"yes he will," i said. "either that or he'll ask me if i use 629 oil or the super-saturated XBT oil."

"nancy, you're nuts," my dad said.


see? i told ya.........he knows everything.