Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

an open letter to you about my open letter about per

since posting yesterday about finally learning why my husband left me, i have, not surprisingly, gotten a lot of feedback. 



  • yes. i agree. he is a (fill in the blank).
  • yes. i agree. being miserable with how he blew it, he is reaping exactly what he sowed. or, in the vernacular, getting what he deserves.
  • yes. i agree. i should - and would - never take him back.

here's my thing:

  • i am called - you are called - (commanded, actually) to love more than to be loved.
  • to forgive more than to be forgiven.
  • to understand more than to be understood.

i don't take that lightly.


here's my other thing:

  • i have looked in the mirror. 
  • who am i to judge if my sins are "better" than his?
  • what challenge might i someday be confronted with and find that my character test has its shameful limits, too?


" For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life." - st. francis of assisi