Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

no phone

my cell phone died, i have ordered a new one, and in the meantime i am without phone service. i love it.


it's been 8 days since it died (but i didn't realize it), 6 days since i realized it, and 6 days since i arranged to get a new one. i seriously considered not getting a new one - but decided to finish out my contract and then, well.........we'll see.

i don't miss it.

not only do i not miss it but, as i said above, i love it. it's like i'm in a cave or something. caves are good.

i come out of my cave to walk down the street to borrow my neighbor's phone. who knew? i have neighbors!

i come out of it to try to find a pay phone. it's like a treasure hunt!

in between times of coming out of my cave, i listen to the silence. who knew? silence still exists!

no beeps, no bells, no notifications, nobody demanding my immediate reply. no nothin. Lord, i could get used to this.

i am used to this!


when my new phone arrives, i'll probably tear into it like grant through georgia. my fingers will probably start flying once again. i'll probably set the thing up so that everyone on God's green earth can contact me in a nanosecond and i'll probably have an individualized sound for each one. i will do these things because although i wish i were living in 1960, i am living in 2014.


but i wish i were living in 1960.