Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

hello, my name is gammy.

when abby and eli were pregnant with the twins, they asked me what i wanted the twins to call me, and i told them, i think the twins should decide that, not me. i said that whatever falls out of the twins' mouths when they refer to me is what i'll be called.

well, abby and eli are smarter than i am - a whole lot smarter - and they pointed out to me that the twins won't spontaneously call me anything.....that they will call me whatever they hear other people calling me. good point.

so i pondered what i wanted to be called. i knew i didn't want "grandma," though i'm not entirely sure why not because i have fond, fond memories of my own "grandmas."

i definitely didn't want "granny!" ewwwww......granny!

i considered "nana," which probably made the most sense of all, seeing as how my name is nancy and my mom calls me "nan."

my mom also calls me "nanny," so i considered that.

but i finally settled on "grammy," or "gram" for short,  and that is what i have been....... right up to today.

but the twins can't say "grammy." they say "gammy" (or "gam") - without the "r."

so, in keeping with my original desire to go by whatever name the twins came up with, i am hereby officially proclaiming a name change from "grammy" to "gammy."


i hope the triplets can say it.