Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

sweeter charity

i already told you about my plan to buy something new each month - something that i would choose for myself -  and then give it away. (i've kept my promise, btw.)

now i'm gonna add these. maybe you will, too:

  • ima resurrect the "poor box." ima put me a box of some sort right by my front door. every time i leave and every time i come home, i will make a donation to my poor box. when it's full, i will donate it to a charity of my choice.
  • the next time i buy something for myself - small or large - ima figure out how much i can afford for it and then ima buy the version of the product i want in the next price point down. then ima calculate the difference, and donate that to a charity of my choice.
  • when i go for fast food or coffee, ima buy two. one for me, one for somebody.

next resolution - after i master my charitable intentions? - ima stop sayin "ima." (ima do it!)