Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I NOW KNOW WHY MY HUSBAND LEFT ME.

i have my answer. finally.


4 years ago, my then husband (he is now my ex) left me. and he did it in the cruelest possible way - by telling me that he hadn't left me. that he was away on business (he was). that he would be coming back (he didn't).


during those 4 years, my friends and family theorized about why he left me and why his personality totally changed in the process. here are the theories, none of them funny (trust me), even though some of them may sound it:


  1. brain tumor (or some other dreadful illness)
  2. he's a spy
  3. he has another life - and another family - that i don't know about
  4. another woman
  5. another man
  6. in some kind of legal trouble
  7. in some kind of financial trouble
  8. it's really what he says it is - he's away on business and he'll be back
  9. double personality
  10. he just fell out of love with me, failed the character test, and left. boom.
  11. a bunch of other theories that i can't remember now what they were but if you think of one, trust me, we've already thought of it, too.

nope. it wasn't any of those. it was something else altogether. something tender. something despicable. something human. something so, so failingly human.

how do i know?

he called me this morning.

and told me.

and now.......i know.

after 4 years......i know.



please allow me to keep it private - at least for awhile.


this part, however, i want to make public - very, very public. shout-it-from-the-rooftops public:


he's forgiven.