Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

in search of sorghum syrup

is it possible that i hate whole foods more than i hate kroger? it is not only possible, it is fact. i hate whole foods. whole foods and their snotty, arrogant-ass selves.


i have a recipe for what sounds like a to-die for caramel corn that calls for, among other things, bacon, (yes! bacon!), peanuts, and sorghum syrup. which isn't easy to find. so i call whole foods to see if they have it. here's how that went for me:

me: hello, could you please tell me if you carry sorghum syrup?

snotty, arrogant-ass him: (perturbed sigh) like, hold on.

me: (holding, holding, holding........)

snotty, arrogant-ass him: did they answer?

me: no. no one answered.

snotty, arrogant-ass him:  hold on.

me: (holding, holding, holding........)

snotty, arrogant-ass him:  (irritated) did they answer?

me: no, sir. no one has answered.

snotty, arrogant-ass him: can you like call back in like 15 minutes?

me: um, sir? why do i have to call back in 15 minutes? i just want to know if you carry sorghum syrup.

snotty, arrogant-ass him: (irritated) because like nobody's here right now.

me: (irritated, too) whaddya mean nobody's there?

snotty, arrogant-ass him:  they're all out unloading the truck.

me: excuse me?

snotty, arrogant-ass him: they're like unloading the truck! nobody's in the store.

me: nobody's in the store? what happens if you get a customer?

snotty, arrogant-ass him: (pissed) like, i dont' know. can you like call back?

me: no, sir, i can't like call back. 

snotty, arrogant-ass him: (perturbed sigh) like, what do you like want again?

me: i like want to know if you like have like sorghum syrup.

snotty, arrogant-ass him: what kind of syrup is sorghum syrup?

me:  sorghum like syrup is like sorghum syrup. that's what like kind of syrup it is.

snotty, arrogant-ass him: hold on.

me: (holding about half a second)

snotty, arrogant-ass him: NO. (click)  


like?

NO!