Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

reserved parking spaces

i don't mind reserved parking spaces for doctors at hospitals, the handicapped, and employees of the stupid month. what i do mind are reserved parking spaces for the ceo, the president, the principal, and mr. whatever-his-name-is.

it appalls me how huge of an ego some people have. if i were a ceo or a president or a principal or a ms. whatever-my-name-is, i would never in a million years let them give me a special parking spot. never.

but, then, i guess i'm weird. i had one of the nicest offices of anyone when i worked at nationwide children's hospital and one day, i gave it up. i walked out of it and said, i've had my turn at this nice office, now it's somebody else's turn. and i never regretted doing it. never.

i would no sooner pull my bad-ass car into some specially assigned place closest to the door than i would take a 2-hour lunch. never mind 3.

i ate lunch in my car today. my car that parked waaaaaay over there.

where i - and the whole rest of the world - belong.