Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

ain't no mountain high enough

ain't no valley low enough. ain't no river (in this case, ocean) wide enough.

ain't no security guard tough enough.



my friend, marissa, and her husband, brian, spent the Christmas holidays in paris. they went, of course, to the notre dame cathedral.

marissa told me yesterday that the whole time they were in the cathedral, she was thinking of me. me! (i imagine God's gonna have a little talk with her about that, if He hasn't already.)

she said that her mind kept returning to me and her eyes kept crying.

(i heart marissa.)

although she didn't specifically say so, marissa meant that she had the heartbreak of the ending of my marriage to per on her mind. she meant that she knew the pain i have been going through.

she meant that she felt it.

(i heart marissa.)


before leaving the cathedral, they stopped in the gift shop, and marissa, still thinking of me (me!), bought me a votive candle.

(what marissa didn't know - but what the Holy Spirit was telling her -  was that i relied on lighting i don't know how many votive candles at my own church during this terrible time. there were days when those little white candles were the only light i could see. and the Holy Spirit was telling her so.)

(i heart the Holy Spirit.)


when they got to the airport, marissa got frisked out the wazoo. she said that she has never had a security check like that. she said they even put their hands down her pants.

she said it was the votive candle that had them worried. they thought it was an explosive.


well, it was an explosive.


it was the Holy Spirit.