Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

my underwear

sorry, men, it's not that kind of post.


last week, while i was helping abby with the kids, olivia came into the bathroom as i was, um, going. (olivia often does this. olivia is very curious about all things potty, including whether or not i have a penis. practically every single time i go to the bathroom, olivia wants to know if i have a penis. i always tell her no (refraining from saying, "thank God!) and she, in reply, always says, "you have a 'gina?" and i always reassure her that, yes, my girl parts are still there.)

freud would love olivia.


anyway, olivia came into the bathroom just as i was zipping up my jeans and she noticed that my underwear were white. plain white.

this just wouldn't do.

olivia's underwear have ballerinas on them (brings a touch of class to the whole subject) and butterflies on them and hearts and stars and dora the explorer. personally, i think there should be a limit to what dora tries to explore.

anyway.......

so, olivia comes into the bathroom just as i am zipping up my jeans and she notices that my underwear are white and she asks me, simply, "why?"

"well," i said, "i guess i don't know. most of my underwear is white."

"i have ballerinas on my underwear," she boasted.

"i know you do, sweetie. and i love your underwear. but grammy just wears plain old white underwear."

you should have seen her face. it was some kind of combination of sadness and bewilderment. not to mention a boatload of disapproval.

"well, gram," she said, "you wanna wear some of my underwear?" she offered.

"oh, liv, that's very nice of you, sweetie......but i don't think your underwear would fit gram."

she eyed my bum and said,

"no. i guess you're right."



anyway......today i am helping out with the kids again and i am wearing an old pair of pink and blue flowered panties that i found in the back of my drawer, so i think olivia will approve.


now. if she'll just please not ask me that penis question.